Chinese Ambassador warns POGO-related crimes harmful to China-Philippines relations – Inside Asian Gaming

China’s Ambassador to the Philippines, Huang Xilian.
China’s Ambassador to the Philippines, Huang Xilian, has warned that the proliferation of crime linked to the country’s Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators (POGO) industry are harmful to relations between the two nations.
Philippine News Agency reports that Huang issued a statement on Wednesday in which he reiterated that China firmly opposes all forms of gambling and will continue to take strong measures against it.
“According to the Chinese laws and regulations, gambling in whatever form by Chinese citizens, be it online gambling or gambling overseas, is illegal,” he said. “Crimes induced by and associated with online gambling not only harm China’s interests and China-Philippines relations, but also hurt the interests of the Philippines.”
Huang said he appreciated the efforts of local agencies in cracking down on illegal gambling operations after more than 140 POGO workers were rescued from two online gaming operations on Saturday, having been victims of kidnapping. Both POGOS – one licensed and one not – have since been shut down.
“It is appreciated that relevant Philippine law enforcement agencies rescued a number of Chinese citizens and shut down some POGO companies during their recent operations,” Huang said.
Seperately, Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin “Boying” Remulla said Wednesday that around 280 illegal POGO employees have been detained in recent days and will be deported.
The IAG Newsdesk team comprises some of the most experienced journalists in the Asian gaming industry. Offering a broad range of expertise, their decades of combined know-how spans multiple countries across a variety of topics.
I recently wrote an editorial titled “Silver linings” in which  I noted that while Asia’s long-time gaming hub of Macau…
IAG sits down with Daesik Han, Chairman and CEO of Hann Philippines Inc, to discuss his recently rebranded Philippines property…
On 29 July the Macau government released its RFP documents for the tender for the new Macau casino gaming concessions…
Taking lessons from the previous tender for Macau gaming concessions 20 years ago, former advisor to the Macau government David…
Malaysian gaming giant Genting Malaysia pulled quite the surprise last week when it joined Macau’s six current concessionaires in bidding for a new 10-year Macau casino concession. With a maximum of six concessions to be granted, the presence of Genting…
Chief Financial Officer of MGM Resorts International, Jonathan Halkyard, has told investors the company is confident it will be successful in its bids to win a new 10-year gaming concession in Macau and to develop an integrated resort in Osaka,…
Online platform provider SOFTSWISS has launched a new “Event Streaming” feature to its Casino Platform that allows operators to track any kind of casino activity in real-time. According to details released by the company overnight, Event Streaming gives access to observing…
A senior executive of Macau junket operator Suncity Group told prosecutors on Wednesday that he and the company were not involved in online gambling, despite text messages of past conversations alluding to the operation of proxy betting in the Philippines….
© 2005-2022
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.
© 2005-2022
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

source

Leave a Comment