Australian, NZ firms explore business prospects in Clark – Malaya

Over 50 delegates from Australia and New Zealand were in the Philippines to explore growth opportunities for automotive, agribusiness, tourism, and renewable energy, among others.
The group which is part of the Pacific Business Mission last week visited and toured around New Clark City, a master-planned metropolis in Capas, Tarlac.
Delegates of the mission toured the world-class facilities in New Clark City, such as the National Government Administrative Center, Aquatics Center, and Athletics Stadium.
Speaking at the business mission, BCDA president and chief executive officer Aileen Zosa urged the potential locators to consider New Clark City as their future home and growth hub in the Philippines.
“Our jewel is Clark. We envision New Clark City to be the first smart, green, and resilient metropolis in the Philippines. The thrust of New Clark City is sustainability. It is created not just for investors, but also for the surrounding communities,” said Zosa.
In her presentation, Zosa highlighted the sustainability features of the 9,450-hectare New Clark City, of which 70 percent is being preserved for green and eco-tourism ventures, while the remaining 30 percent is buildable.
Zosa said also presented plans of developing an affordable housing complex and the Philippines’ largest public park within the metropolis, which will emphasize non-motorized and sustainable transport-oriented development (TOD).
To create a community for all regardless of background and income, a 34.55-hectare affordable, multi-tenure and climate-resilient housing project will soon rise in the metropolis, which will feature a river park, town center, community square, sports park, pocket parks as well as mixed-use residential and commercial developments. All of these will be connected to bus rapid transit and metro rail transit systems, among others.
Zosa also discussed other projects in the pipeline, such as a world-class city management and administration services, a data center colocation facility, and a solid waste management and waste-to-energy project for New Clark City.
“New Clark City lives on its vision and its mantra of really being a city of the future. I’m very glad that this 50-member business delegation is actually interested in sectors that have direct impact on particular matters, such as environment protection, digital transformation, and physical connectivity,” said Philippine ambassador to Australia Ma. Hellen. De La Vega.
The Pacific Business Mission is jointly organized by the Philippine Trade and Center in Sydney, the Philippine Board of Investments, Export Marketing Bureau, Philippine Economic Zone Authority , the Subic Clark and Alliance for Development Council , and the freeport and economic zones in the Subic-Clark-Bataan Corridor.
Malaya Business Insight comes to you in a very readable package: A fusion of in-depth news, excellent news analyses, the credible prognosis of events, powerful commentaries and balanced updates on what is happening and about to happen in corporate board rooms, in the diverse business and industry sectors, in Philippine regional and global politics and in the exciting world of sports, arts, entertainment, and lifestyle.
Contact us: [email protected]
© by Malaya Business Insight


Leave a Comment